Search This Blog

01 January 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Back At One~
It is here!! The new year has arrived and I don't think I've been this excited about a new year in my 30 years of life. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful for 2010 and everything that it brought me but 2011 means a fresh start at achieving greatness. 
Yet, as I reflect on the days of 2010 I am forced to remember that I am kinda in the same position I was in this time last year. I was single, reflecting on life, trying to find my way to something better, and grappling motherhood. So, here I am again, back at one. 
2010 was fun and sometimes downright annoying, not because of one thing but due to many things, non of which I regret. 
Happily, by the end of 2010 I found, ME. I don't by a long shot believe I completely "lost" myself for en entire year. Its just that by years end I gained  a renewed sense of who I am, what I am capable of, and what I truly want. 
I found my inner Carrie Bradshaw.
If you're familiar with 'Sex in the City" the movie you know how Carrie had to "re-do Carrie" after the wedding that didn't happen. By years end she had to start all over, reconfiguring everything. Well, she did an amazing job, I know its fiction but that story speaks to many women. And her story spoke to me. She started over for herself. It was difficult but she did it, because she had to. There were a number of situations that brought me to my conclusion, and a few glasses of Moscato helped me find clarity as well.

"Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind?" Well, yes if they were just acquaintances. Yes, they should be forgot, especially if they never thought much of you in the first place or vice versa.

So, here's a toast to new beginnings in 2011, my inner Carrie Bradshaw and My Southern Cosmopolitan Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment