Search This Blog

10 January 2011

Feeling Nostalgic

Gone are the days of innocent television programming, music, and play. I miss the 80's. In my thirtieth year of life I can admit that my childhood was fun. I had my ups and down like any other child but I had a great time. I remember so much about my childhood most of which includes television and music but hey I'm a fanatic of all things TV. I used to be a walking TV guide for my family. No, really, I was. I always knew what was on Primetime TV and cable. I had a knack for remembering good programming. A hidden talent of sorts. Not to be misunderstood, I wasn't babysat by television I just love people watching. And television, in my opinion, is the epitome of that. It didn't matter if it were cartoons, I was a goofy, very silly, fun-loving little girl, or docudramas; still, I was intrigued.

The 80's had such a variety of television shows; so much more than today.  I was a movie fanatic as well. 80's movies with those corny yet awesome soundtracks that never leave your mind. The big hair, bright colors, crazy slang that still today no one understands. I blame my father for some of my fanaticism because he had an extensive movie collection. Seriously, his collection could rival any Mom & Pop movie store. He still has an extensive collection that I help to develop, my mother just doesn't understand us. 
Thinking about the 80's puts a huge smile on my face. Life was so simple then, before credit card debt, potty training a 3year old, and studying for a Masters degree. Ooooh, the good life.
My montage of all things 80's that I so fondly remember: 





P.S. Skin-a-ma-rinky-dinky-dink,Skin-a-ma-rinky-dinky-do, I -love- you. I love in the morning and in the afternoon. I love in the evening and underneath the moon.
Skin-a-ma-rinky-dinky-dink,Skin-a-ma-rinky-dinky-do, I-I-I-I-I-I- loooove, you -too- boooboopy do.

No comments:

Post a Comment