Search This Blog

06 January 2011

"You are the perfect verse over a tight beat"

A love story indeed, Brown Sugar (2002) produced some classic love quotes. Love Jones (1997) is my all time favorite love story but Brown Sugar is on my mind right now and I can relate on so many levels. The best friend that's been a friend for many years, even though each of you have been in and out of relationships with other people, the soulmate that married someone else (do we only have one soulmate, getting vulnerable here), our story didn't end the way this romantic comedy ended, however I am still hopeful for my personal love story. "Our story" isn't really "over". I have known him for about 16 years and we somehow remain in contact. Fate. Destiny. Divine Intervention. Luck. Our desire to keep in contact maybe, I don't know. At the same time, I do know that our story will never totally end, at least our friendship won't. In no way am I saying I wish we were still together or that we completely missed out on something ridiculously special. We have love for each other and we respect each others personal lives, and I think we both understand that presently we are where we are for a reason. At this point our lives are separate however our friendship will be everlasting. In all honesty, it is what it is. 

But I digress. For me, love quotes provide hope for fairytale endings that otherwise a person would have never thought existed or never knew were possible.

My favs:

"You're my best friend, nobody believes in you more than I do." 

"So what's the difference between rap and hip hop? It's simple. It's like sayin' you love somebody and bein' in love with somebody. Rap is only a word."

"Simplicity provides a fine line between elegance and plainness."

 
"You're my air... ."


"I used to love you, I still do, I always will."


On a lighter note, not to take away from the seriousness of the post, but, I have become a fan of twitter. Follow me @MissKRH


"Let's start it up, let's get it flowin'..."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment