Search This Blog

20 March 2011

More than an apology



Why is it that, when a woman says I'm sorry it's done boldly and with sincere empathy, yet a man will offer simplicity and not an ounce of thoughtfulness? I just don't get it. Maybe I get too caught up in treating people the way I want to be treated and give too much. Maybe I am too idealistic when it comes to people's feelings and emotions. I don't consider myself to be overly emotional but when I realize I've hurt a loved one with my words or actions I will be sure to right my wrong. And I won't assume that an apology is suffice.
Maybe its not women vs. men, it could be anyone at any time that will experience this.

It can be rather frustrating to hear a person say they will go out of their way to please you, however when they are tested, unknowingly of course, they fail. Does that make them a liar? A phony? And then once they realize they have disappointed or hurt you, present a single apology as if they're saying get over it because I apologized.
I think that offering an apology is only one step repairing what was broken. If you value something or someone, take a few moments to become selfless and place yourself in their shoes and realize the sacrifices they may have made for you, your relationship and give something greater. Understand the value of the relationship and question what hurt them. If the person is worth your time then so is the continued conversation and understanding.

"We are not put on this earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you." -J. Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment