Search This Blog

14 January 2011

Fabulous Fridays

Cabin fever is an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in, in a small space, with nothing to do, for an extended period (as in a simple country vacation cottage during a long rain or snow). Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, irrational frustration with everyday objects, forgetfulness, laughter, excessive sleeping, distrust of anyone they are with, and an urge to go outside even in the rain, snow or dark. The phrase is also used humorously to indicate simple boredom from being home alone. Source: Wikipedia


Stop complaining and get out of the house! That's what I'm telling myself because we have been stuck in the house all week suffering from "cabin fever" due to the Abominable Snow Storm of 2011, that's what I'm calling it, that hit Georgia. Travel stopped for the most part at the beginning of the week and towards the end of this week people just got sick of being indoors. Call me crazy, but I was actually okay. My mom had my son for two of those days and I really enjoyed being alone. I didn't have work so that was a plus for me, no whining kids on any given day is an added bonus.


So here we are at Snow Day 5. Time to get my child out this house before he writes on any more walls, eats all of my food, and does anything else destructive that I'll have to clean later. I guess we'll go visit some family and I might even find the courage to take him to Chuck E Cheese. I think I need to treat myself to a new pair of shoes because Mother Nature told me to stay inside all week. Ya know, when I think about shopping I get all tingly inside. Shopping is my therapy sometimes. Retail Therapy some call it. fAB shopping. fAB motivation. fAB life. fAB family. Fabulous New Carrie Bradshaw inspired shoes for Friday!!
 Mary J. was fierce in this video! Fabulous and Fierce for Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment